The best chat bots to use on Twitch
By: Flaka Ismaili August 2, 2022
Streamlabs Chatbot is licensed as freeware for PC or laptop with Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system. It is in instant messaging category and is available to all software users as a free download. In case a user wants to unlink their accounts they can simply DM the bot !
- It also allows you to set up and organize banned phrases, links, and emotes so that you’ll know right away when someone sends them in the chat.
- It is recommended that you already have a good amount of experience handling bots in general so that you can optimize what it can offer.
- This is probably one of the most interesting Twitch bots out there and for several reasons.
- The trick was to use smart default states and progressive disclosure.
- The most popular chatbots on the market are; Streamlabs, StreamElements, Nightbot, and Moobot.
- Having cross-platform support that doesn’t require relearning the software is yet another layer of user-friendliness that Nightbot can offer as a chatbot for Twitch.
Typically social accounts, Discord links, and new videos are promoted using the timer feature. Before creating timers you can link timers to commands via the settings. This means that whenever you create a new timer, a command will also be made for it.
What Can Cloudbot Streamlabs Chatbot Bot Do?
Fewer relevant settings with less customizations and an overall easy UX to get up and running quicker. Our more advanced users wanted all the bells and whistles for customization. The advanced users know where to find the resources to get help and don’t get overwhelmed as easily since they have a community to support them.
How do you add commands to a streamer bot?
To do this all you need to do is create an action and give it a name next go to the sub action window on the right and then right click to get the option menu to open now navigate through the following Add Action then Commands then click the Get Commands Option.
This subscription also unlocks many more features to help you with your stream. Upgrading is not necessary for the most part unless there are some features you’d like to use that are behind the paywall. Setting up Streamlabs’ chatbot, whether desktop or cloud-based, is incredibly simple — so much so that even beginners can do it without much outside assistance. It is arguably one of the best available right now, and you can use it for free without spending a dime. This, colors the bot’s response in the same color as the bot’s nickname, AND it forces the bot’s response to display in chat.
Once it expires, entries will automatically close and you must choose a winner from the list of participants, available on the left side of the screen. Chat commands and info will be automatically be shared in your stream. But overall, yes, chatbots are made to be in your chat, so you will be getting bot messages in it. Also, if you’re using it for spam protection, a bot will appear in the chat in order to do the spam protection it should do.
On top of these premade commands, you can also quickly and easily create custom ones. A Nightbot feature allows your users to choose songs from SoundCloud or YouTube. You can set up many dynamic responses to user commands or post specific messages at regular intervals throughout your stream.
Appendix B: Nice to Have
As the name suggests, this is where you can organize your Stream giveaways. Streamlabs Chatbot allows viewers to register for a giveaway free, or by using currency points to pay the cost of a ticket. They can be used to automatically promote or raise awareness about your social profiles, schedule, sponsors, merch store, and important information about on-going events.
- Choose one that is relatively easy to use and that gives you the features that work best with your community.
- There’s also an option to enable timers for when you’re about to go live, hold a contest, or play a game with your audience.
- There are also the usual functions, like filters for spam and banned content, raffles and giveaways, as well as polls.
- Streamlabs is a fork of the original broadcasting program, OBS Studio.
- You are able to set the level (between 1-4) and it will filter your chat.
- You can also press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack’s features.
Their automatic ranking boards give an incentive for your streamlabs chatbot macros to compete or donate. Features for giveaways and certain commands allow things to pop up on your screen. Donations are one of several ways that streamers make money through their channels.
How to Setup Streamlabs Chatbot Commands – The Definitive Guide
And, of course, StreamElements also does provide you with the ability to have a separate loyalty points system in your chat. Because of Streamlabs’ less-than-ideal history, many have chosen not to support the platform and not use their tools. However, there’s no denying that their tools are quite useful and are some of the best around at the moment. Chatty is a chat software specifically made for Twitch, in the spirit of a classic IRC Client.
- This could be due to the program being discontinued, having a security issue or for other reasons.
- You can also set up and manage a filter for banned words, phrases, links, and content.
- The Data files only get created whenever you click ” Create Read Only Excel Files “.
- I’ve been using the Nightbot SR for as long as I can remember, but switched to the Streamlabs one after writing this guide.
- For example, its loyalty system allows viewers to compete for rank on a leaderboard simply by being very active on each stream that the user creates.
- Plus, there’s a command for adding quotes from your stream, rolling dice, flipping coins, giving out hugs, and more.