A Primer on Recovery Residences: FAQs from the National Association of Recovery Residences CLOUD
By: Flaka Ismaili September 30, 2021
Recovery homes provide stability and peer support to a traditionally underserved population dealing with substance use and other co-occurring disorders. The CRRA credential is for people who operate and administer recovery residences, which are sober, safe and wellness-oriented living environments that promote sustained recovery from substance use conditions. CRRAs are responsible for the oversight of staff, volunteers and residents according recovery residence to the standards established by the Florida Association of Recovery Residences . In contrast to a rating system (e.g. one star versus four-star), the NARR Levels distinguish between types of recovery residences, which differ in the kind and intensity of services and supports they provide. One Level of support is not better than another, just different. Diversity within the continuum is important, because recovery is a process.
- When your application, including all supporting documents, has been approved, your certification specialist will initiate the exam process.
- If you are willing to pursue the path of recovery, we know that you deserve the best setting possible to thrive and continue your sobriety.
- Individuals need various types and levels of support at different stages of recovery.
- That is why we have created our website which will allow you to peruse the best of what San Diego has to offer.
- To fairly certify Florida Recovery Residences, on a voluntary basis, as having demonstrated compliance with the NARR Standard and FARR Code of Ethics.
- All materials on the website are the sole property of the original creators of each resource.
Department of Housing and Urban Development’s housing guidelines. The Florida Association of Recovery Residences was founded in 2011 out of the need to evaluate and monitor standards-based recovery support services provided in community-based, residential settings throughout Florida.
DBHDS LIST OF CERTIFIED RECOVERY RESIDENCES:
They operate in compliance with the requirements of the Oxford House Charter and System of Operations found in the Oxford House Manual. Oxford Houses do not have resident staff managing the individual houses however the model includes training and oversight from the local network of houses and state association, along with technical assistance from Virginia outreach workers. The system encourages the development of leadership skills and self-efficacy and allows residents to learn or relearn values and responsible recovery behavior.
- If you selected “Email” or “Text message” above, you also consent to receive messages from this platform with info about this program.
- We also require that clean, comfortable, and modern amenities are provided in the sober living homes of our members.
- Diversity within the continuum is important, because recovery is a process.
- When you send confidential personal information to us on our website, a secure server software which we have licensed encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
- Our mission is to support persons in recovery from addiction by improving their access to quality recovery residences through standards, support services, placement, education, research and advocacy.
NARR does not operate or certify a recovery residence; our state affiliates do. David Best has an under-graduate degree in psychology with philosophy, a Masters degree in criminology and a PhD in the psychology of addictions. He has authored three books on addiction recovery and has written more than 170 peer-reviewed publications and around 70 book chapters and technical reports. To provide ongoing training and support for members, program participants, and the community. When you send confidential personal information to us on our website, a secure server software which we have licensed encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN for the 2022 NARR conference!
If you are on the courageous path of recovery, then you deserve the best that San Diego has to offer when it comes to sober living homes. Our listings are carefully selected and vetted to ensure that each house is providing excellent structure, nice amenities, and caring support. We represent the best of what San Diego has to offer when it comes to sober living houses. Click for a comprehensive list of CARR certified recovery residences. Publish a directory of certified recovery residences in Michigan. We are all about making the maximum positive effort for our community. Our board members, recovery residence operators, affiliates and volunteers provide the momentum that helps us affect change.